Work With Us
The Total Package
The Pathfinder Network Total Compensation and Benefits
We believe in bringing excellence to all that we do, and that means engaging our employees with compassion and thoughtful care. We focus on the two accountabilities: what you can be counted on to do and who you can be counted on to be as an employee at TPN. Our total package demonstrates our vision to provide holistic resources to ensure our team is supported and equipped to carry out our mission.
We show up for our employees by providing support and resources in seven key areas that make up our total package and we always strive to expand on what we offer.
Supporting continued growth and opportunity
- Annual professional development opportunities
- Agency wide training offerings
- Performance Support System including annual review, monthly and ongoing support
- Leadership opportunities including co-leading internal teams and trainings
- Commitment to internal promotions and professional development pathways
- Social Justice Library
- Employee Resource Groups
Valuing the important work you do
- Competitive base pay
- Bilingual pay differential for eligible positions
- Annual anniversary increase
- Annual market and pay equity analysis
- Mileage reimbursement at the federal rate
- Increased pay for interim and out of class roles
Creating a workplace that actively supports and facilitates holistic wellness
- Generous time off accrual (12 vacation days and 12 sick days during your first year, increases to 18 in year 2)
- 14 Paid Days of Significance: 10 days of significance, 3 floating days of significance and 1 day of significance in recognition of your day of birth
- Extended Holiday Days of Significance with a week off at the end of the year
- Paid 30 minute lunch breaks
- Paid Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Mental Wellness hours (4 paid hours each month)
Acknowledging your contributions and meaningful service
- Agency wide employee recognition program (with incentives for recognizing, too)
- Personalized TPN swag store with onboarding and recognition credits
- Anniversary gifts and recognition
Staff appreciation rewards
- Teambuilding activities and fun events
- Annual all-staff appreciation gathering and local team gatherings
Uplifting contributions and change making
- Shared Leadership model and opportunities to contribute to agency success and growth
- Advocacy opportunities
- Engagement with Board of Directors and Advisory Committee
- Sponsored opportunities to attend community events and experiences
- Volunteer activities
- Co-create innovative solutions and share them with others locally and nationally to create systems change
Employer Paid Benefits
100% Employer Paid Benefits on your first day of employment
- Employee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short Term Disability insurance
- Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Medical Bridge insurance
- Lifestyle Spending Account with $500 employer contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement – 401k (3% Employer Match, 100% vested from day one)
Offering a wraparound package of holistic health support
- Buy-up and dependent medical
- Dependent dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Illness
What We Look For
We are intentional about building a healthy and thriving organizational culture and envision a community of staff, partners, volunteers, and donors who are deeply committed to equitable, just and anti-racist practices in every facet of our organization, where everyone can experience belonging. We engage in continual learning and seek ways to operationalize equitable and inclusive practices. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
How We Hire
We admit that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet each and every position requirement – instead, use your application to let us know what excites you about the role and what transferable skills or other qualities you would like to bring to TPN! If you are interested in learning more about our organization and open opportunities, please contact our Director of People and Culture.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If reasonable accommodation or an alternative form of this application are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Director of People & Culture at email@example.com or 503.892.5396.
TPN hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive. We prioritize hiring people with lived experience and a connection to the work that we do.
In practice, this means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status or political affiliation. We also take seriously the idea that our work benefits from a genuine commitment to diversity, by considering applications from individuals representing all kinds of backgrounds.
What to Expect
Learn – Discover who TPN is through our website, social media and programs.
Apply – Apply for the roles that align with your values, experience and goals. Remember to submit a resume and cover letter with your application that tells us who you are.
Virtual Screening Interview – If you qualify, a member of our People & Culture team will reach out, allowing you to share your qualifications and learn more about the position.
Panel Interview – Should your screening interview go well, you will be invited to join a panel interview of 4-6 team members from across our organization. A second invitation to a meet and greet or second panel interview, depending on the position you are applying for, will allow you another opportunity to meet our team and get to know TPN.
Offer – If an offer is made, we’ll ask you to review the details and accept the opportunity to join our team.
Onboarding – Submit your background check materials and complete your onboarding tasks. Our typical timeline is 2 weeks between an offer and your start date.
Join the Team – Welcome to TPN!
Notices to Applicants
Before applying, know your rights under federal and state employment laws. Learn more at the links below:
Due to the high volume of resumes received we cannot always respond to each person individually. We recommend that you check regularly for opportunities.